Serving since 1978
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Serving on the LiteracyWORKS ‘Board provides the opportunity to make a difference in individuals’ lives while developing personal strengths and skills in a fun and dynamic environment.
Our dedicated board members are comprised of a team of volunteers, one of whom is a learner representative. There are currently 8 board members with a minimum commitment of two years. Board members are expected to assist with annual events, to attend all Board meetings and to provide in-kind or financial support. On average, serving as a Board member requires a time commitment of 10 hours per month September through June.
See “Get Involved” page for more information on how you can contribute with LiteracyWORKS.
- Suvir Haripersad ChairpersonMember since: Feb 2016
- Dulcie Laidlaw Vice ChairpersonMember since: Jan 2017
- Gary Babiuk Past ChairpersonMember since: Nov 2010
- Student Representative Vacant
- Maureen Barchyn SecretaryMember since: Jan 2018
- Luke McKim TreasurerMember since: May 2021
- Manjit JhingerAssistant TreasurerMember since: Feb 2015
- Mohamed Behi Board MemberMember since: Feb 2016
- Mariannina Raimo Board MemberMember since: Jan 2022
- Sarah Bruce Board MemberMember since: Nov 2021
- Sonia Sharma Board MemberMember since: April 2022