Serving since 1978
Start Date: Jan.18, 2022
Schedule: Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for delivering the Precision Reading (PR) program, training provided.
- Must maintain student records and prepare progress reports (January to June) as they pertain to PR.
- Tutor and assist learners individually or in small groups to help with assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by instructor.
- Provide assistance to students who require extra support.
- Work cooperatively with volunteers.
- Assist with compiling, organizing student portfolios on an on-going basis in collaboration with instructor and program director.
- Maybe required to file and duplicate materials.
- Assist program director with various administrative duties as assigned.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Participate in professional development workshops/training.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum, Grade 12 high school diploma
- Experience working in adult education
- Experience with adult literacy, an asset
- Must uphold the values of LiteracyWorks always remaining non-judgmental with learners and staff, and work from strength-based perspective
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must.
Please submit a resume and cover letter by Monday Dec. 13, 2021 to email@example.com